Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chicken in Lime Butter

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each) – I usually use two large ones
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil (I probably wouldn’t use olive oil as the flavor might be too strong)
¼ cup butter (must use real butter)
1 Tbsp. lime juice (I use the juice of one lime)
¼ tsp minced chives, optional
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.Add butter and lime juice to the skillet; cook and stir until butter is melted. Stir in dill and chives. Drizzle over chicken.

Yield: 4 servingsNotes: I usually cut the chicken into chunks to cook it quicker. I also usually use a stainless steel skillet so as to brown the chicken better and to retain the little chicken bits for the butter sauce. Also, the first time I made this I cooked it in oil, then added the butter, & lime juice & felt like it wastoo greasy so now I omit the oil & just use water.

When I served this I was making rice & had some cream of coconut in my fridge (thanks to Scott for teaching us how to make daquiris it is now staple for us) I added a couple spoonfuls to my boiling water. It made the rice just a little sweet but not overbearing. We then had pineapple on the side. It was a fun 'tropical' dinner that made me forget it was 20 degrees & snowing outside!!

Kate Larsen

No comments: